Our approach to the governance of our business sets the tone for the culture at Bouygues UK and underpins many of the actions described in the Social and Environment pillars of our ESG strategy, ensuring that the company is well run and acting in the best interests of all its stakeholders.
Bouygues UK’s governance strategy promotes transparency and accountability through strong structures, policies and procedures, supported by quality training. We have high standards for our company, our staff and those with whom we do business, and intend to raise these standards even higher as we progress.
We recognise 5 key principles which are interlinked with the pillars that comprise our governance strategy:
- Providing the best client experience possible throughout our project delivery and operation, as per our Client Value Charter;
- A zero tolerance approach to bribery, corruption and anti-competitive practices;
- Ethical and legally compliant behaviours in all circumstances: Respect, integrity and responsibility are at the heart of everything we do;
- Strong corporate governance;
- Strategic management of risk through assessment, controls and audits.