Local Event Empowers New Mothers
Bouygues UK’s Social Value Advisors for Wornington Green, our project for Peabody just off Portobello Road, hosted a baby shower party at the Venture Centre, W10, last week to support and connect with mothers local to the development.
This empowering event saw 20 mums and other female relatives and friends come together for a gathering of around 40 attendees. The day featured delicious food from the vicinity, games and prizes. Hampers were given out to the local mums and we’d like to give special thanks to the Children’s Book Project for donating 50 books to be included in these hampers. Most importantly, we introduced our guests to an array of invaluable support services:
- RBKC Environmental & Community shared a fantastic initiative for reusable nappies, offering free vouchers to resident mums.
- The Washable Nappy Company provided each mum with a starter kit of reusable nappies.
- Rosie Young, a talented makeup artist from CBM Academy, offered personalised beauty tips for busy mums.
- RBKC Maternity Champions showcased their year-round support programmes.
- Our Social Value Advisor, Beatriz Munoz is also a Registered Clinical Nutritionist, and gave one-on-one sessions, sharing advice around different ways to introduce solid foods.
Huge thanks go to the Venture Community Association for generously providing us with a discounted venue and helpful volunteers. Thanks also go to the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea Maternity Champions and Family Services, Golborne Forum, NHS North West London, Peabody and Westminster Family Information for helping us promote the event to reach as many local women as possible.
This might interest you
Tom Reed Visits Coleg Sir Gâr09/02/2024
National Apprenticeship Week 202405/02/2024
Launch of T Level Collaboration with Class Of Your Own21/12/2023
Students Pitch at Skills Event Dragon’s Den Style06/12/2023
Commitment to Social Value at Pentre Awel22/11/2023
Recruiting Community Ambassadors for Pentre Awel14/11/2023
Harnessing AI to Change Our Use of Non-renewable Energy in Construction11/10/2023
Graduate Challenge 202329/09/2023
Head of Social Value Hosts Southwark Construction Forum28/09/2023
Best Practice in Creating Social Value Beyond London25/09/2023